Tuesday, May 21, 2019

(Graphic Design) Semester Two Final

The Big Final Blog (woo)

Three Favorite Projects

One of my favorite projects was the vector portraits. The project took about 2-3 weeks I believe. Some of the challenges I faced included the difficult pen tool, the precision of the triangles and points, and the colorization of said triangles. I did learn a lot more about the pen tool, and vector imaging was another thing I learned. Some peers told me to pick better colors for some parts of the project and I agreed, some of it looked kind of odd before I fixed it. I went from a not very detailed image to a more detailed image, just by adding more triangles. I think this has been my best piece all year, I really like it!



Another one of my favorite projects was the typography project. It took a total of around 2-3 weeks to complete. Some of the main challenges included the difficulty of finding the right font to match the right quote, quotes are very difficult! I learned a lot about color choice and how colors can convey a better message and meaning. Peers had told me to change a few quotes that didn't make sense and they were right. The original idea was vastly different and the outcome was much better, this is like my second best work all year.







Lastly, one of my favorite projects was the logo project we just finished. It took about a week and a half to finish. Easily one of the hardest parts of it all was the actual logo idea itself! Coming up with a logo is very hard to do and the end product is always hard to be 101% happy with. I learned a lot about color choice once again, but I also learned a lot about putting yourself into your own art and it's hard to do art about oneself. Peers helped vote on which logo I should use and I was very happy with what they decided on. The original idea never really existed, it all just kind of came to me. This is a piece I am not sure if I am proud of yet. (I used the red variation of the bottom right).

Time Management 

I feel I used my time very well! I finished all the projects on time and still had time to revise and enjoy some time on my own. Researching the skills needed for some projects is one thing I did often. Figuring out exactly what I am supposed to do for a project can help me, so I can lay a base and expand it from there! I always use my time outside of school to enhance my eCommunication skills, such as video. It does require a focus outside of class to reach a further goal.

My Improvements

Being in eComm for two years has really shown me that I can do amazing things! Graphic Design will always be kind of shaky for me, but I feel like that is very normal! My strengths are mostly shown in my dedication, my love for art, the passion I have for my subjects, and my creativity. Being creative goes a long way, it takes more than just logical and physical skill; the mind os the strongest and most commanding part of it all. 

What to Improve Upon

While I may have been here for two years already, I still have two more years to get better and better. I feel like my technical skills here in graphic design could improve quite a bit. While I am going into video, graphic design will always be a skill I will need for the future and beyond. Seeing beyond just the instructions is something I do often, but maybe I should cut back on that a bit.

Conclusion

Being in graphic design has really pushed me to try new things in the program and to try and incorporate that with my other works. It's been lots of fun and I don't plan to stop anytime soon! I think there is so much to improve upon, and I know I will. Being in video next year makes it harder to build onto my graphic design knowledge, but I know it won't stop me from trying to further myself. It's been good and it's treated me well; that's all I can ask for, right?
See you in convergence!



No comments:

Post a Comment