Tuesday, May 21, 2019

(Entertainment) God Awful Short Films

Mr Cooper, or really anybody who's reading this, please know; I have never been so disgusted and ashamed of any of my eComm projects until this project came about. No matter how hard you try to make a solid video, and no matter how well you plan a video; everything goes downhill and it will crash and burn.

Pre-Production

Pre-production was how it usually was! Everything was going great, we had actors we had a full schedule; the plan was set! Our story was pretty complex, but nothing impossible, just a matter of getting the right locations at the right time

Production

Everything is awful, I go into panic mode! Never have I ever felt so terrible and panicked over an eComm project, but here we are TWO WEEKS from finals with nothing filmed, actors all quit, no locations in our story are available, and to top it all off: I worked every single day we had to film. I came up with a trash tier story that we filmed in about 4-5 days with wind making most of our audio worthless. 

Reflection

I have come to the conclusion that my passion of entertaining video is nothing but a dream, I truly feel like I won't be able to produce entertaining videos for eComm or anything, ever. If I could change anything, I'd change what production I worked on. I love my story I made, but the story I made never saw the light of day; it was a wasted script that I caused to fail. My team was amazing, they kept up with the painful reshoots and edits and kept it afloat, without them this short film would've been worse. I just wish that for once, ONCE in my eComm career that at least ONE of my projects would be something I am proud of; I don't think I'll ever be able to be proud of just about anything I've made, I can't do my passion.

Anyways! This has been a fun year overall, even with all of these failed projects; See you in Convergence!

Short Film: Bases Loaded

No comments:

Post a Comment